Custom Residential Carpentry, Aesthetic Improvements Jersey City NJ

J.J. Builders LLC



We specialize in bringing your home renovation dreams to life.  We have hand picked our expert carpenters, electricians, plumbers, tilers and more so that all of the work performed is done up to the highest of standards.  

Twenty-five years of experience has taught us how important it is for you to be the top priority throughout your renovation.  To that end, we only take on a few jobs at a time to be able to focus all of our time and effort on making sure your vision is fulfilled.  We stand behind our work offering you a warranty for our workmanship  for a year after your renovation has been completed.

About the Owner
Andres Ferreira has been in the construction industry for more than 25 years. Beginning his career as an apprentice, he worked his way up to become a Master Carpenter. However, his skills don't stop there. Having worked for himself for so long, he has mastered the skills needed to problem solve in any situation that presents itself on a job site. He knows that taking on too many projects at a time can only serve to hinder a company.  His commitment to you is that you will be his main priority until your renovation dreams are realized.

J.J. Builders specializes in residential and commercial renovations. Kitchens, bathrooms, basements, decks....offices, stores...we do it all. We service all of New Jersey, focusing our attention on a few projects at a time, you will be our priority throughout your project! Send us a message or visit our website to contact us for a free estimate!

Projects

As a small, local company we can be flexible to meet the needs of our clients. We like to take on all size and types of projects; custom carpentry, remodels, outdoor projects we do it all. 






We still get excited about projects and we like to get others excited about them too. We are a perfectionist company, we don't stop until the final product is perfect. 






We provide professional service with a personal touch. We are committed to excellence, and we want our customers to be 100% satisfied with the work we do for them.






You can reach us when you need us. We return phone calls. We answer your questions and keep you up-to-date on what’s happening with your claim or job.






We do high-quality work in a timely manner, and if there is an issue, we discuss it with you. If necessary, we would rather take a little more time and do it correctly if necessary.






Its in our business of transforming residential spaces into extraordinary places. Our comprehensive approach to residential remodeling focuses on improving both functionality and appeal.






We take your aesthetic preferences and the individual needs of your family into consideration as we create a design that makes the most sense for everyone.






We’ve completed small-scale changes and whole-home renovations, so we’re prepared to be flexible and agile in achieving your goals for that new home experience.






We are prepared to complete projects of varying size and scope, so start your design journey today and give our team a call to schedule a consultation.






We follow all social distancing protocols and regularly sanitize the work space while we are onsite. You can rest easy that you, your family, and your property are protected.  




Testimonials

"J&J Builders worked on my home after we discovered water infiltration issues from some of the recent severe storms.  After calling, Andres came the following day to look into where the water was coming from and what the best course of action would be. Our window framing was rotting and needed to be replaced. I told him I wanted to keep our windows if possible, as they were only 8 years old and in good shape.  No problem, he said.  His estimate for the amount of work needed was reasonable and he could work within our timeline.  The J&J crew showed up when they said they would, did the work in a professional manner and finished on time.   The quality of the work was excellent, just what I was hoping for. They took the time to work clean, which was a big deal because some of the work was inside the house.   I really can't say enough about what a great job they did for us." - Jay M.

"Cannot say enough good things about JJ Builders.  The office staff is great at keeping in touch and communicating every step of the way from the initial consultation, to scheduling, and completing the work.  Andres and his team arrived on time, completed the project early, and left my home spotless.  The rate was very reasonable as well. If you're looking to do some work on your home, absolutely try them." - Arianna M.

"JJ Builders are very professional and their work is of the highest quality.  Andres and his team pay close attention to detail which was very important to us and we were very happy with how our project turned out.  JJ Builders did a full renovation of our master bathroom including shower installation, tile work, and painting.  We were thrilled with their work and would contract with them again on any future projects." - Venka T.

"J&J was simply amazing.  The work was on time, exceeded expectations, and we couldn't be more pleased.  In addition to truly craftsman quality work, here's what you get with J&J: a happy and hardworking team, creative and careful solutions to the challenge of old-house rehab, and deep experience and care.  Truly, I can't recommend them highly enough.  Our kitchen rehab transformed our home and was executed efficiently, expertly, and on time" - Nadez S.

"Prompt, courteous, thoughtful and cost efficient contractors.  Can do it all with great relationships in the region with different disciplines, specialize in anything related to carpentry/framing/general building.  I personally had two jobs done on a quick timeline and on budget, which is tough with the surprises an old jersey city house has hidden." - Dhiren P.

"JJ Builders did an amazing Bathroom remodel at my home in New Jersey.  Professional, On time, and reasonable rates; I plan to hire them to come back and redo my kitchen.  Thanks so much!" - Dan F.

"I'm very hard to please because I am a perfectionist but I met my match with this company.  I guess because they are not a big company, they pay extra attention to detail and that makes for a terrific job.  My house looks awesome remodeled! I recommend JJ Builders to any one who wants a job well done." - Irene P.

"We hired JJ Builders to repair and paint our deck, wow ,he went well beyond our expectations, deck looks brand new, very professional ,honest and ,integrity, Andres  the owner was always there supervising the work and made sure that it was done to his high standards, super satisfied and glad to find a gem of a person you can trust and respect, will be using them for additional work for sure, cant go wrong" - Biardi M.

"This Contractor was a referral from someone I trust, who  is very meticulous and a perfectionist.  The referral came highly recommended.  So ... of course I called the Contractor because I needed someone urgently.  I was sort of in a bind.  My brownstone was being sold, the inspector came and the Buyers took the word of the inspector and probably researched prices a bit and came with a very high amount for the repair list.  Now I have been living in this brownstone for 5 years.  I never had a problem except the normal wear and tear.   My late husband was a Structural Engineer and I knew that the repairs couldn't have been so costly.  The most important problems that I saw that needed to be fixed, were the staircase outside from the second floor to the garden and the dampness on the first floor bathroom tub wall.  For these items on the list the charge would have been, according to the Buyers' research, pretty high.  JJ Builders came in and gave me a detailed estimate of the work they would do and the cost associated.  It was considerably lower.  I know the Buyers based their estimate on the inspector's word, but boy will they save so much if they go with this great Contractor.  I saw the work JJ does; the person that referred me had a huge kitchen and 3 bathrooms done.  Beautiful renovation!  Folks, why pay more for quality work if you can have excellent results at a reasonable price?!" - Marina B.

"J.J. Builders is the go to contractor for me.  They did a full kitchen remodel for me and I will definitely have other projects for them in the future.  Living in a brownstone in Jersey City is great, but not without its drawbacks.  They are knowledgeable, honest and, for me, the most important thing is that they don't take on too many jobs at once.  My project was the focus for Andres, the owner, from start to finish.  He came and gave me an accurate estimate and when things inevitably came up, he offered cost effective solutions that I would never have thought of myself.  The project timeline was accurate, which as anyone knows, can make or break a project.  No one wants a contractor in their house for 2 months when they originally say 2-3 weeks.  I would definitely recommend them to anyone needing any type of renovation..." - Sophia T.

"Finding the right contractor can be tough!  After reading several reviews, I decided to reach out to JJ Builders and couldn’t have been more happy with that decision.  We had a short time frame to have the work completed, Andres and his team were up to the challenge and did not disappoint.  We had JJ builders renovate the 2nd floor and hallways of my childhood home which hasn’t been updated in many years.  The work included gutting and renovating a bathroom and laundry room.  Lowering the bedroom ceilings and refinishing the hardwood floors along with many other updates.  Andres and his team kept within the timeframe promised and the house looks amazing!" - Mike D.

"J.J. Builders is the go to contractor for me.  They did a full kitchen remodel for me and I will definitely have other projects for them in the future.  Living in a brownstone in Jersey City is great, but not without its drawbacks.  They are knowledgeable, honest and, for me, the most important thing is that they don't take on too many jobs at once.  My project was the focus for Andres, the owner, from start to finish.  He came and gave me an accurate estimate and when things inevitably came up, he offered cost effective solutions that I would never have thought of myself.  The project timeline was accurate, which as anyone knows, can make or break a project.  No one wants a contractor in their house for 2 months when they originally say 2-3 weeks.  I would definitely recommend them to anyone needing any type of renovation..." - Sophia T.

Contact Us

Address: 344 Grove St. Ste.157 Jersey City, NJ 07302
Phone: +1 800-616-3831
E-mail: info@j-jhomeremodeling.com
Messenger: m.me/jjbuildersllc

Find Out More About Us

More local contractors at your service